The City of Hendersonville is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors and providing a secure web infrastructure to conduct business with the City, specifically the City of Hendersonville’s Main Street Program and Historic Downtown Hendersonville.
This website may contain links to other websites. The City of Hendersonville is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites.
The City of Hendersonville does not make any warranties or representations with respect to the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of any information or materials contained on the City of Hendersonville web site or server or through links to other servers, including but not limited to: text, graphics, applications, databases, services, or any other information or materials. Nor shall the City of Hendersonville assume any legal liability for the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of said information and materials.
The information and materials contained on this web site have been compiled from a variety of sources and, as such, are subject to change without notice. In no event will the City of Hendersonville be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, general, consequential, incidental, exemplary or special, arising from the use of information provided on this server or through links to any other servers.
Communications to the City via this web site shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to the City of Hendersonville, its agencies, officers, employees, representatives or agents with respect to any existing, pending or future claim or cause of action against the City of Hendersonville or any of its agencies, officers, employees, representatives or agents where notice is required by Federal, State or local law. Nor shall communications to the City via this web site be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any other purpose.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information you’ve submitted on the Website, contact us at email@example.com. You may also contact us by postal mail at:
Historic Downtown Hendersonville
145 Fifth Avenue East
Hendersonville, NC 28792
- Information We Collect
- Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Information You Provide to Us: When you register via Mail Chimp for our e-mail newsletter, communicate with us via phone, e-mail or snail mail, or post on our blog, you’re giving us information that we collect. That information may include your IP address, name, physical address, email address, phone number, credit card information, and other details like gender, occupation, and other demographic information. By giving us this information, you consent to your information being collected, used, stored by us. Your information will only be disclosed as required by North Carolina General Statutes.
- Web Beacons: When we send emails you, we track who opened the emails and who clicked the links. We do that to measure our Email Campaigns’ performance and to improve our features for specific segments of customers. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details.
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To send you Updates on Events Happening in Downtown and other general downtown related information. For example, we may let you know about upcoming concerts, plays or other special events planned for downtown. Other updates might include information about downtown store or dining specials, etc.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the Services we offer. This includes adding features that compare Members’ Email Campaigns, or using data to suggest other publishers your subscribers may be interested in.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
Subpoenas or Freedom of Information Requests.
Occasionally, we have to disclose information about our customers to meet legal requirements.
- Public Information and Third Parties
- Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you’d like it to be removed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by postal mail at: Historic Downtown Hendersonville 145 Fifth Avenue East Hendersonville, NC 28792.
- Social Media Widgets. Our Websites include social media features, like the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody’s safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into the Mail Chimp e-mail system that materially affects you or others people on our Distribution Lists, then we will notify you as soon as Mail Chimp makes us aware of the breach and reports the action they took in response.
- Safeguarding Your Information
MailChimp accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your Distribution Lists is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we can’t see your passwords. We can’t resend forgotten passwords either. We’ll only reset them.