Join our team and experience the reward of giving.
Do you love downtown with its vibrant, friendly charm? Do you wish to contribute to it’s vitality and growth? If so, we would welcome you to join our expanding volunteer team. Whether you see yourself working at Rhythm & Brews, at the Bear Auction or with special projects, we’d love for you to join us. Our volunteer opportunities are organized online so you can see what, when and where tasks are needed as well as who has already signed up. Its a great way to connect with people of similar interests, and you may even make new friends!
- General Office: There are never enough hours in the day, it seems. In this role you will help with general office tasks. Learn how to fulfill mailings, and work with Microsoft Office products. If you would like to keep your skills sharp – or if you are looking to learn a new set of skills – this is for you!
- Downtown Ambassadors: During events like Garden Jubilee, the population of downtown changes from a local hang out to streets packed with tourists. In this role you will make yourself available to answer question about our wonderful town, direct people where to find things like the nearest restroom or even where to find a good hotdog!
- Rhythm & Brews: This monthly summer concert event requires the assistance of over 80 volunteers. Its an award winning event and gets bigger and better every year!
- Bear Auction: Everyone loves the bears that line the streets May through October. Be there to help us reveal them in May or auction them to the highest bidder in October.
- Trick or Treat Street: There is fun, fun, fun for the entire family with this free Halloween event on Main Street. Dress up to join the fun if you wish and help register contestants for the costume party, set up tents or help merchants hand out candy.
Want to Help with Long-Term Projects?
Serve on one of our committees: Events, People, or Infrastructure. Committee members plan projects and events that help make downtown Hendersonville such a great place to live, work and play!
If you still have questions about volunteering, please contact the Dalleen Jackson at 828-233-3205 or email@example.com.